- Longest Strait in word is Malacca. It separates Sumatra from Malay Peninsula.
2. Broadest strait in world is Davis Strait. It separates Greenland from Baffin Island.
3. 40% of world oil passes through the Strait of Hormuz
4. Strait of Hormuz is the the gateway to the Gulf of Iran.
5. Gibraltar Strait separates Europe (Spain) and Africa.
6. Gibraltar Strait joins Mediterranean Sea with Atlantic Ocean.
7. The Famous Babul Mandab separates Africa from Arabian peninsula. This strait leads into the red Sear
8. Palk Strait separates India from Sri Lanaka.
9. Florida Strait separates Cuba from Florida.
10. The Davis Strait lies between Greenland and Canada.
11. Messina strait is lies between Italy and Sicily.
12. Johor strait separates Singapore and Malaysia.
13. Bass Strait separates Tasmania from Australia.
14. Dover strait separating France from England.
15. Torres Strait separates Papua New Guinea and Australia.
16. Bering Strait separating Africa from Asia and joins the Persian Gulf with Red Sea.
17. Bosporus Strait connects Sea of Marmora with the Black Sea.
18. Dardanelles strait (Turkey) joins Aegean Sea with Marmora sea.
19. Mozambique strait is between Mozambique and Madagascar.
20. Sunda strait separates Sumatra from Java Island.